Tuesday, December 17, 2013
So I finally got back to sewing. I had to make some cumberbands for the kids at church for their Christmas program. I tried looking for a pattern but was shocked when I couldn't find one. Looking on line, the only patterns I saw was old ones bring sold on eBay.
I looked on line for patterns but didn't find anything I wanted. So I created my on.
What I ended up doing was cutting two 3inch strips for the front of the cumberband. I sewed them together with a 1 inch seam allowance. I ironed interfacing on the back of the front piece. I cut my elastic and pinned each piece on the right side of the front piece and sewed on the back leaving an open and turned right side out. I sewed the opening closed and continued to sew around the whole cumberband close to the edge. I sewed D Rings to one end of elastic.
Pin It Now!
Post a Comment
Post Comments (Atom)